Online registrations for all Melbourne Bead Expo 2018 workshops have commenced.
Members - Saturday 14th July 2018
Non- members - Saturday 28th July 2018
Pre-Expo classes held Saturday 3rd, Sunday 4th and also Cup Day 6th November will be held at:
Carnegie Library, Level 1 Boyd Room,
7 Shepparson Street, Carnegie
NOTE: Workshops on the 5th, 9th,10th and 11th of November will be held at the Melbourne Bead Expo venue at:
Cnr Batesford Rd and Warrigal Rd,
The Bead Society of Victoria is delighted to offer you another exciting selection of workshops for 2018.
We will welcome Liisa Turenen to Australia over the Expo time to teach a lovely range of classes here for the BSV.
Just four of the seven Liisa will teach are shown here but they are all shown in date order below.
Kits in other colourways are available to choose from on the day of your class.
These are interspersed with an excellent range of workshops being taught by our talented Australian tutors.
Check them all out and decide on your favourites, to suit your skills and interests.
Just remember to check the times scheduled for each session so you do not register for classes running simultaneously.
Three, four or six hour sessions covering a variety of mediums and ability levels are all set to inspire creativity.
See below all workshops: There is sure to be a workshop to suit you. Be quick as places are limited.
- If you wish to register and pay for more than one workshop at a time, members click on this Guide for information on Terms and conditions
- Cancellations and changes to local tutor workshops can be made up until Saturday 6th October 2018. All cancellations will incur a $10 administration fee. There is no refund for cancellations made after 6th October 2018 as workshop confirmations with tutors will have been done then.
- Late bookings may be accepted if class vacancies exist, but kit choices are subject to availability if booked late.
- If minimum numbers are not achieved we reserve the right to cancel a workshop and will refund all monies paid, so don't leave it until the last minute or you may be disappointed.
- Most workshops have a required skill level which is clearly stated in the workshop description. Students may be asked to leave if they don’t meet the required skill level. This is to ensure that all participants achieve the maximum result from their workshop. This is particularly important in workshops classed as Intermediate and Advanced, as tutors will not have the time to teach basic techniques they assume you already have the skills for.
Parking will be restricted immediately around the Institute on the Friday, although free parking is provided for students under the Corporate Suites for International tutor classes. We do recommend using public transport if you can. See specific parking info below for workshop participants.
See Conference Centre parking
It should be much easier on the Saturday and Sunday.
NOTE: If a workshop says Kit Only, It is recommended that students buy the kit from the tutor, as the types of beads or materials required are quite specific to the success of the project.
A detailed list might not be supplied.
Novice - no beading experience
Beginner - basic knowledge of some beading techniques
Intermediate - some knowledge of the techniques being taught
Advanced - solid knowledge of multiple beading techniques
- Workshops held on the Expo weekend will be held at Holmesglen Institute. Pre Expo workshops will be held at the Carnegie Library (Boyd Room)
- Please note that all participants must be registered and full payment received prior to attendance.
- Full details of parking, all details of the workshop and a link for your requirements list will be supplied in your confirmation email or later as necessary.
- Your workshop fee includes one half day entry to the Expo, on the day of your class, either before or after.
If you are doing more than one class per day, or a full day class, you may elect to attend on another day.
- Morning half price day vouchers may be collected at the entrance to the trading hall prior to an afternoon class.
- Students attending a morning class may collect their half price day voucher from their teacher.
- It is not transferable.