2019 Showcase - Members' Original Jewellery
Entries in this section are eligible for judging in the Elly Feldman Award. A perpetual trophy is awarded to the winner as well as beaded goodies.
All entries will be on display at the 2019 Melbourne Bead Expo and the winners announced at an Expo presentation at the end of the day, Friday 8th November 2019.
Consideration will be given to the following:
• Wow factor – immediately catches the eye.
• Colour and design – not obviously derivative of another artist’s work.
• Quality of the finish, including secure clasp and no obvious loose threads.
• Appropriateness of the design/wearability of jewellery pieces.
All entries in this section must be the member’s original work, made since the last Expo in 2018. They can include any type of bead work, as long as it is an item of jewellery. Items which have appeared in other competitions, whether in Australia or overseas are not eligible. Posting of entry images on public media prior to the competition is not permitted.
- Registrations open Monday 1st July 2019
- Registration closing date Friday 11th October 2019
- Registered entries may be delivered at meeting: Sunday 13th October 2019.
A limit of three entries per member will be accepted.
Due to exhibition space limitations, dimensions of each piece must not exceed:
300 mm Height x 500 mm Width x 500 mm Depth.
Each entry must fit onto a shelf 50 D x 50 W cm.
Members may offer these pieces for sale at any price (the BSV will apply a 10% commission).
Please read all Showcase Terms & Conditions of Entry before registering.
This competition is judged in two (2) sections:
Judged by Elly Feldman (founding member of the BSV)
Prize: $300 Elly Feldman Perpetual Trophy
Hand crafted bead by Wendy Bergamin & Award Certificate
First Prize: $250 Second Prize: $150 Third Prize: $75