Bead Challenge 2018
Open to everyone, not just members.
Entry Fee $35 (Australia)
A maximum of two entries per person is permitted.
Postage of Bead Challenge packs to registered entrants will commence on
13th December 2017
We are mixing it up in the 2018 Bead Challenge!
Something a little different to inspire your creativity, with a lovely, basic collection of metal components, interesting Czech shaped beads and semi-precious hematite rounds added for extra shine and weight.
Let your imagination run wild as you bring a fabulous piece to life with your own choice of extra beads, colours, or findings using your own favourite techniques.
1. Your Challenge entry must be a single beaded item of your own original design, solely your own work.
2. All beads in the pack must be used and visible from the front of the design.
3. Some extra Challenge beads are available and can be purchased from The Bead Society of Victoria, Inc. (BSV).
4. You may add any, or as many beads, or other components of your own as you wish.
5. You cannot change or completely cover the Challenge kit beads in any way, e.g. painting or wire-wrapping. Entries that have any glued beads will not be accepted.
For more information download the complete
Bead Challenge 2018 Conditions of Entry
A link is supplied to all entrants in their Registration confirmation email
to download more details regarding bead supplies.
The Guest Judge Prize: $300 for first place only
The Popular Prize is voted by ticket holders at the Bead Expo.
Prizes are: $250 for first place, $150 for second place and $75 for third place.
Results will be announced on the Sunday afternoon 11 November 2018 at the 2018 Bead Expo.
Winners will be notified by email or phone (if number provided) within three days of the Bead Expo ending. The results will also be announced on the BSV website and Facebook page as soon as practicable.