Showcase 2017 - Set of Five Non - Identical Handmade Beads
“Australian Wildflowers" is this year's competition theme
First prize - $300
Registrations open Saturday 1st July 2017
Closing date Friday 6th October 2017
Entries must be identifiable as beads, with the ability to be strung using a hole that is integral in their design. Cabochons will not be accepted, even if adapted for stringing. Each bead must be no larger than 8 cm in any dimension. The beads must be the member’s original design and work, made since the 2016 Expo.
Items which have appeared in other competitions, whether in Australia or overseas are not eligible. Posting of entry images on public media prior to the competition is not permitted.
The beads can be in any one or combination of media, for example glass, metal, polymer clay, felt, clay, wood, beaded etc. The non-identical beads can vary in media used if desired, but must have some unifying factor so that they are clearly a set.
Bead Society of Victoria Bead makers are invited to enter.
Judging will be by an independent judge who will focus on design appeal and effective interpretation of the theme, rather than technical excellence alone.
The set of five non-identical beads should be numbered to show the order in which they are to be exhibited if this is important to you. They could be strung on a temporary thread, placed in numbered packets, or have an easily removable label on each one. They will be exhibited unstrung and unnumbered.
The technical stuff:
- Entry to this Showcase category is for financial members of the BSV only.
- Please use the invoice number listed on your first Invoice email as the identification number of your exhibit. Ensure that this invoice number appears on all packaging, as well as tagged on your entry.
- Please note no entry is to have a name identifying the artist of the piece. INVOICE NUMBER ONLY.
- Registration of entries must be completed online by Friday 6th October 2017. Registered entries may then be delivered in person at the BSV Melbourne Branch Meeting on Sunday 8th October, 2017.
- Posted items must reach the Post Office box by Friday, 6th October 2017. If you wish your items to be posted back, you MUST INCLUDE A SELF-ADDRESSED PRE-PAID POST PACK.
- Each item should be properly packaged to avoid damage. We cannot accept any loose items at the meeting. See tips on Packaging your Entries.
- No items will be available for collection at the Expo. They must either be returned by mail or collected at the BSV Melbourne meeting. Exhibitors must specify which they prefer. This is to reduce the risk of items being misplaced.
- There will also be a Melbourne meeting this year at Carnegie on 10th December 2017. Any item not collected at the Melbourne Branch Meeting on 10th December 2017 will be returned COD.
- Members are responsible for all shipping costs to and from the B.S.V.