Online registrations for all Melbourne Bead Expo 2016 workshops are now open:
Members - Friday 1st July 2016.
Non- members registrations commence on Friday 15th July 2016.
Workshops with Nancy Cain held prior to the Expo will now be held at:
Box Hill RSL, 26 - 28 Nelson Rd, Box Hill. Information supplied to participants.
NOTE: Workshops 4th - 6th November will be held in the same new Melbourne Bead Expo venue:
4th Floor level, Box Hill Institute (formerly Tafe) Building E3, 465 Elgar Rd, Box Hill 3128
Parking will be restricted immediately around the Institute on the Friday so we do recommend using public transport if you can. It should be much easier on the Saturday and Sunday.
The Bead Society of Victoria is delighted to offer you another exciting selection of workshops for 2016. Along with the fabulous all day classes with Nancy Cain, there are also workshops with our talented Australian tutors designed to stretch your abilities. These are three hour sessions covering a variety of mediums and ability levels all set to inspire creativity.
There is sure to be a workshop to suit you. Be quick as places are limited.
If you wish to register and pay for more than one workshop at a time, click on this guide for information.
- Workshops held on the Expo weekend will be held in the Box Hill Institute, 465 Elgar Rd, Box Hill, 3128
- There is lift access.
- Please note that all participants must be registered and full payment received prior to attendance.
- Full details of parking, all details of the workshop and a link for your requirements list will be supplied in your confirmation email.
- Your workshop fee includes one free entry to the Expo, on the day of your class. If you are doing more than one class per day or a full day class, you may elect to attend on another day too.
- Your free entry ticket must be collected at the entrance to the trading hall on the fourth floor. It is not transferable.
Terms and conditions
Cancellations and changes to local tutor workshops can be made up until 5th October 2016. All cancellations will incur a $10 administration fee. There is no refund for cancellations made after 5th October 2016 as workshop confirmations with tutors will have been done then.
Late bookings may be accepted if class vacancies exist, but kits are subject to availability if booked late.
If minimum numbers are not achieved we reserve the right to cancel a workshop and will refund all monies paid.
Most workshops have a required skill level which is clearly stated in the workshop description. Students may be asked to leave if they don’t meet the required skill level. This is to ensure that all participants achieve the maximum result from their workshop. This is particularly important in workshops classed as Intermediate and Advanced, as tutors will not have the time to teach basic techniques they assume you already have the skills for.
Novice - no beading experience
Beginner - basic knowledge of some beading techniques
Intermediate - some knowledge of the techniques being taught
Advanced - solid knowledge of multiple beading techniques
Select the workshop you are interested in for more information and to register.