The Bead Society Victoria, Inc. (BSV) is the only registered bead organisation in Australia. The BSV aims to:
• Encourage and foster interest in the art and craft of beading;
• Provide workshops to bead enthusiasts at all levels of expertise through our workshop programs;
• Promote creative designers of beadwork;
• Promote the exchange of information among members to expand their knowledge of beads and beadwork skills;
• Provide access to beads and related supplies to members and other people interested in beads and beading;
• Encourage people who are new to bead collecting to learn about the fascinating history of beads;
• Support networking between bead enthusiasts.
The BSV runs many events each year:
• Monthly meetings in Carnegie and Geelong, VIC.
• Exhibitions (Melbourne Bead Expo)
• Competitions (Bead Challenge, Featured Artist, Beaded Beads, Members Showcase)
• Annual Bead Retreat
• Workshop program
• Members Exhibitions
• Attendance at craft and bead shows